Choose a Career with McDonald Murphy Machinery
- Locally owned and operated business with branches throughout Queensland
- Diverse range of machinery and equipment and in turn industry base and customers
- Challenging and rewarding positions playing an integral role within the business
McDonald Murphy Machinery is a leading machinery dealership in the rural and construction industries specialising in Case IH agricultural equipment, Case Construction, Dynapac and other major brands within these industries and more recently, extending into Outdoor Power Equipment & Lawn Care including such respected brands as Husqvarna, Hustler, Walker Mowers, and Silvan/Silvan Selecta. We are a locally owned and operated business based in Mackay with branches in Proserpine and Bundaberg and have proudly been servicing the Mackay region for over 25 years.
In association with a group of other related dealerships that stretch throughout most of eastern Queensland, we work closely together to offer our customers the best in parts, service and sales and open up an array of opportunities for our staff to work in other regions and gain a wealth of experience.
Current Positions Vacant
DIESEL FITTER - MACKAY
We are looking for a Trade Qualified Diesel Mechanic preferably with Agricultural, Cane Harvester and Construction equipment experience. If you are interested in rewarding work including electronic diagnostics and hydraulic systems as well as working on a broad range of products and able to be home every night, then this position is for you.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including workshop vehicle and phone. You will also receive ongoing external manufacturer training to keep your skills up-to-date.
McDonald Murphy Machinery is a leading machinery dealership in the rural and construction industries specialising in Case IH agricultural machinery and Case Construction equipment. We are a locally owned and operated business based in Mackay, servicing the region for over 25 years, with branches in Proserpine and Bundaberg and associated dealerships in North and Far North Queensland.
This position offers diverse interesting work, in a friendly workshop environment. Our workshop and service vehicles are fully equipped with the latest diagnostic and servicing equipment and we offer exceptional service and workmanship to a wide range of customers.
Duties involved include:
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and diagnostics on a wide range of equipment including cane harvesters, tractors, excavators, backhoes, skid steer loaders, wheel loaders and dozers.
- Performing pre-delivery assessments on machinery to ensure compliance with customer and factory requirements.
- Undertaking field service duties ensuring repairs are completed to a high standard while maintaining efficiency to meet customer deadlines.
- Completing necessary job cards and timesheets.
- Maintaining a proactive safety culture amongst all workshop staff.
- Participating in training to keep up-to-date with latest product range and skills.
The successful applicant is required to:
- Be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and dedicated to customer service.
- Possess extensive mechanical knowledge and understanding of engineering components and systems including transmissions, final drives, brakes, hydraulics and electronics.
- Have been exposed to and possess a thorough understanding of the workings of a service department.
- Demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised and manage individual workloads while also working within a team environment.
- Possess a high level of product and industry knowledge and skills in order to provide technical and mechanical support to customers.
- Have previous experience with Case IH machinery and although it may not be essential if the applicant has significant proven abilities in all other areas of the selection criteria, it would be considered HIGHLY advantageous.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to workplace safety.
- Possess a high level of written and verbal communication skills as well as be computer literate. Previous experience with computer diagnostics would be advantageous.
- Hold a current Driver's Licence.
To apply for this position, please forward your application and resume by email to:
The Service Manager, McDonald Murphy Machinery
(Please do not use the general form below to apply for this position)
Applications close: FRIDAY 30th March 2018
If you wish to be notified of future vacancies, please complete the general interest form below. All applications for advertised positions must be forwarded by email to the email address provided.