Business is booming, our workshop is flat out and machines are getting "smarter". This is a great opportunity to jump on board and join our team as we look at expanding the capabilities of our Service Department in Mackay.
Do you think you’re up for the challenge??
The advancement in technology now involved with machinery to improve efficiency and productivity, has meant an increase in the technological capabilities of our technicians. Tractors and harvesters are being factory fitted with autoguidance and telematic systems, with the need to have our own in-house Advanced Farming System (AFS) specialist to work closely with and assist the service department. Additional training is provided to our technicians to keep abreast of the latest developments and it is a great opportunity to gain these skills and be part of the forefront of technology in the industry.
A wide variety of opportunities with our company are becoming available as we look at expanding our Service Department to cater for the demand and the technical skills needed, from Technicians to new Apprentices - to be our future and continue the high standard of service and support for our customers. Trade Assistants who would like to complete the necessary training to become qualified Diesel Fitters, would also be considered.
Opportunities available include:
WORKSHOP/SERVICE DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Applications close Tuesday 5th April, 2022)
- Responsible for the daily operations of a busy workshop including managing staff, prioritising jobs and ensuring the completion and billing of work undertaken.
- Have a strong desire to continue and further grow the workshop, its productivity and its capabilities
- Focus on customer service with a willingness to develop and strengthen customer relations
- Possess the ability to lead by example with a good eye for detail and with pride in your work and that of your team.
- Able to communicate clearly with staff, customers and management
- A strong focus on Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Good computer and written skills
- Previous experience in a Service Department in a leadership role would be preferred.
- Previous experience with agricultural and or heavy machinery would be highly advantageous.
- A company vehicle and phone will be provided to the successful applicant.
PRODUCT SPECIALIST – DIESEL FITTER (CANE HARVESTERS) (Applications close Monday 28th March)
Located at our Mackay branch, the successful applicant will be responsible for all technical support for cane harvesters, assisting sales in assessments of machines, working with other service technicians on repairs and diagnosis of faults, working closely with a full range of precision farming products particularly GPS autoguidance systems for controlled traffic farming and yield monitoring. Sometimes this will require hands on application, other times the role will be researching issues and liaising with factory representatives.
The goal is to lift our internal skill level to be able to provide the best support for our customers, work with factory product engineers to drive design, assist sales staff in demonstration programs, and work with and train other support staff.
With the release of the new Austoft 9000 series cane harvester models, this is a very exciting time for the business as we think the new model will be a real game changer for the industry.
Applicants will need to be a qualified diesel fitter, highly computer literate, technically minded, have good diagnostic skill and experience with GPS products would be an advantage. You must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently to strive for customer satisfaction. An understanding of the agricultural sector and farming practices is preferred.
An attractive salary package with phone and fully maintained company vehicle is available to the successful applicant.
SENIOR TECHNICIAN/LEADING HAND
- Required to be fully qualified as a Diesel Fitter with a number of years’ experience working as part of a team in a Service Department.
- Assist the Workshop Manager with the day to day operations of the workshop and the overseeing of work being completed to ensure it is of a high standard.
- Provide on-floor leadership, assistance and training of staff when required, especially with a number of new team members currently being sort for the workshop.
- Ability to lead by example and work closely with team members with good communication skills.
- Posses a high level of skill, experience and knowledge in working with heavy machinery.
- Previous experience with agricultural or earthmoving equipment would be highly advantageous but not essential for the right applicant.
- A focus on Workplace Health and Safety within the workshop.
- The ability to communicate with customers and management when Workshop Manager is not available.
- A service vehicle will be provided. On-site and field work may be required as well as being on call during the crushing season.
DIESEL FITTERS - MACKAY AND PROSERPINE (Urgent position available for immediate start as at 8th February, 2022)
- Have previous experience working in a workshop or service department.
- Demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised and manage individual workloads while also working as part of a team.
- Possess a high level of product and industry knowledge and the skills necessary in order to provide technical and mechanical support to our customers.
- Demonstrate experience with similar or same type of machinery and equipment. Previous experience with Case IH machinery, while not essential, would be considered HIGHLY advantageous.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to workplace safety.
- Possess a reasonable level of written and verbal communication skills as well as be computer literate. Previous experience with computer diagnostics would also be advantageous.
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence.
- Previous experience in a busy workshop, working with heavy machinery and/or a strong desire to be involved in the industry is sort after for these roles.
- The opportunity to undertake training and/or an apprenticeship to become a qualified Diesel Fitter would be possible.
- Available to young or old, school based or anyone with a strong desire to learn the skills of becoming a Diesel Fitter.
- All necessary training and leave required for attending outside training will be provided.
- The best way to ensure a job after becoming full qualified and to advance quickly through to senior roles provided suitable experience is obtained and the right attitude is present.
- Wide range of experience and on the job training provided from smaller equipment through to large earthmoving machinery, tractors of all sizes to large sugar cane harvesters.
SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC (Posted 15th March, 2022) Available for immediate start
We are urgently seeking another experienced and motivated SMALL ENGINE MECHANIC to join our Service Department, to be responsible for the pre-delivery, servicing repairs and maintenance of our full range of Outdoor Power Equipment. Our facilities include a separate fully equipped workshop with overhead crane, hoists & diagnostic equipment dedicated to our small engine mechanical range and ongoing support is available through training programs and from senior workshop and parts department members.
You would be responsible for:
- Performing basic and complex diagnostics
- Performing repairs and maintenance on customer and dealer owned equipment
- Performing pre-delivery construction and necessary checks
- Ordering necessary parts and consumables
- Completing job cards and timesheets
- Communication with customers when required and providing advice on the care of their equipment
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy workshop
- Communicating with Service Co-Ordinator, Workshop Manager and the Outdoor Power Equipment Sales Representative
- Maintaining product knowledge and attending any necessary training
You will be required to demonstrate:
- Relevant Trade Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar workshop environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently
- Good communication and written skills
- Drive and motivation to succeed and excel at customer satisfaction
- Ability to prioritise, work quickly and achieve a high standard of results within short time frames
- Ability to be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and dedicated to your work
- Safe work practices
It is an exciting time to be working with mowers especially with brand leaders like Hustler and Husqvarna, as the designs and engines are increasingly evolving to meet the highest of standards and the demands of the Australian conditions.
These positions are available for immediate start and applications will be considered as they are received.
All applications are to be forwarded to email@example.com
The successful applicants will join an existing team of Service Department Management, Service Co-Ordinator, experienced and long-term Diesel Fitters, apprentices, small motor mechanics and product specialists for Case IH Austoft Harvesters and AFS (Advanced Farming Systems). Working together as a company on the whole will also mean working closely with our Parts and Service Departments and Administration, with the interest of the customers being paramount.
In return, you will receive remuneration based on experience and qualifications, with senior positions provided with company vehicles. With the high demand of the products and services and the rapid development and advancement of machinery and farming systems, it is an exciting time to be in the industry and to join our team.
Discover Mackay and the Whitsundays
Get your hands dirty during the week and wet on the weekends…. on the doorstep of the beautiful Whitsunday region
... your adventures await