Business is booming… and our workshop is flat out. This is a great opportunity to jump on board and join our team as we look at expanding the capabilities of our Service Department in Mackay. There will not be a dull moment as we head into the busy sugar cane harvesting season in our region which will take us through to October/November. Do you think you’re up for the challenge??
Get your hands dirty during the week and wet on the weekends…. on the doorstep of the beautiful Whitsunday region filled with rivers, beaches and islands! Be home every night with your family and enjoy with them and friends what the wonderful region has to offer on weekends…..
Locally owned and operated, McDonald Murphy Machinery has been servicing the region as the Case IH and Case Construction dealer for almost 3 decades. In addition to Case earthmoving machinery, Case IH tractors and an array of agricultural equipment and implements, McDonald Murphy together with its associated north Queensland companies, has been a leading dealer and support network working closely with Case IH, for the distribution and service of Austoft Cane Harvesters from Bundaberg up to Mareeba. The Advanced Farming Systems such as autoguidance and yield monitors being installed in the latest tractors and harvesters has also meant an increase in the technological capabilities of technicians, with additional training being provided and specialist positions now being incorporated within the company who also work closely with the Service Department.
A wide variety of opportunities with our company are becoming available as we look at expanding our Service Department to cater for the demand and the technical skills needed, from a Workshop Manager to technicians as well as a chance to take on new apprentices to be our future and continue the high standard of service and support for our customers. Even Trade Assistants who would like to complete the necessary training to become qualified Diesel Fitters, would be considered.
For the senior positions, previous experience in similar roles with agricultural and earthmoving equipment would be preferred but not essential if your experience could be beneficial to the company operations. For Diesel Fitters, Trade Assistants and Apprentices…an enthusiasm to work, learn and be part of a team while possessing suitable skills can’t be beaten. Those who take on the new roles will need to work closely with the current Managers, senior technicians and current workshop team members within the Service Department. In-house and manufacture’s training will be provided to ensure your skills are in line with current requirements and to keep abreast of the latest advancements with the machinery.
Opportunities available include:
- Responsible for the daily operations of a busy workshop including managing staff, prioritising jobs and ensuring the completion and billing of work undertaken.
- Have a strong desire to continue and further grow the workshop, its productivity and its capabilities.
- Focus on customer service with a willingness to develop and strengthen customer relations.
- Possess the ability to lead by example with a good eye for detail and with pride in your work and that of your team.
- Able to communicate clearly with staff, customers and management.
- A strong focus on Workplace Health and Safety requirements.
- Good computer and written skills.
- Previous experience in a Service Department in a leadership role would be preferred.
- Previous experience with agricultural and or heavy machinery would be highly advantageous.
- Company vehicle and phone will be provided to the successful applicant.
Senior Technician/Leading Hand
- Required to be fully qualified as a Diesel Fitter with a number of years’ experience working as part of a team in a Service Department.
- Assist the Workshop Manager with the day to day operations of the workshop and the overseeing of work being completed to ensure it is of a high standard.
- Provide on-floor leadership, assistance and training of staff when required, especially with a number of new team members currently being sort for the workshop.
- Ability to lead by example and work closely with team members with good communication skills.
- Posses a high level of skill, experience and knowledge in working with heavy machinery.
- Previous experience with agricultural or earthmoving equipment would be highly advantageous but not essential for the right applicant.
- A focus on Workplace Health and Safety within the workshop.
- The ability to communicate with customers and management when Workshop Manager is not available.
- A service vehicle will be provided. On-site and field work may be required as well as being on call during the crushing season.
- Have previous experience working in a workshop or service department.
- Demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised and manage individual workloads while also working as part of a team.
- Possess a high level of product and industry knowledge and the skills necessary in order to provide technical and mechanical support to our customers.
- Demonstrate experience with similar or same type of machinery and equipment. Previous experience with Case IH machinery, while not essential, would be considered HIGHLY advantageous.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to workplace safety.
- Possess a reasonable level of written and verbal communication skills as well as be computer literate. Previous experience with computer diagnostics would also be advantageous.
- Hold a current Driver’s Licence.
- Previous experience in a busy workshop, working with heavy machinery and/or a strong desire to be involved in the industry is sort after for these roles.
- The opportunity to undertake training and/or an apprenticeship to become a qualified Diesel Fitter would be possible.
- Available to young or old, school based or anyone with a strong desire to learn the skills of becoming a Diesel Fitter.
- All necessary training and leave required for attending outside training will be provided.
- The best way to ensure a job after becoming full qualified and to advance quickly through to senior roles provided suitable experience is obtained and the right attitude is present.
- Wide range of experience and on the job training provided from smaller equipment through to large earthmoving machinery, tractors of all sizes to large sugar cane harvesters.
The successful applicants will join an existing team of Service Department Management, Service Co-Ordinator, experienced and long-term Diesel Fitters, apprentices, small motor mechanics and product specialists for Case IH Austoft Harvesters and AFS (Advanced Farming Systems). Working together as a company on the whole will also mean working closely with our Parts and Service Departments and Administration, with the interest of the customers being paramount.
In return, you will receive remuneration based on experience and qualifications, with senior positions provided with company vehicles. With the high demand of the products and services and the rapid development and advancement of machinery and farming systems, it is an exciting time to be in the industry and to join our team.
As these positions are available for immediate start as we head into the busy crushing season, applications will be considered as they are received. Therefore, please submit applications ASAP with the final closing date being FRIDAY 18TH JUNE, 2021.
All applications are to be forwarded to email@example.com
Get your hands dirty during the week and wet on the weekends…. on the doorstep of the beautiful Whitsunday region
If you wish to be notified of future vacancies, please complete the general interest form below. All applications for advertised positions must be forwarded by email to the email address provided.